Saturday, June 28, 2008

Goldman The Only Candidate Opposed to Echo Harbour

Goldman for Mayor - 13 June 08 - For Immediate Release 2


Goldman opposes Echo Harbor says "Grey/Jones/Pantele can run but they can't hide" as Joe Louis pointed out many years ago."

Goldman says that "as lawyers, my friends Mr. Grey and Mr. Pantele know that silence is considered acceptance" in these kinds of matters.

(Richmond) - Paul Goldman, candidate for Mayor, said today that "it is telling that I remain the only leading candidate for Mayor willing to protect the Riverfront and all it means to the future of our City by stating my clear and principled opposition to the Echo Harbor project that continues to receive political aid and comfort from my opponent's continued refusal to join me in public opposition."

In a statement, Paul continued:

"Given the news in today's RTD concerning yet another twist and turn as regards City Hall and it's activities over time, the Echo Harbour proceeds apace.

Indeed, as the project's lawyer, James W. Theobald told the RTD today, the "the original plan" is the one they are still determined to build.

Clearly, the continued silence of Mr. Grey, Mr. Jones and Mr. Pantele is giving him and the Echo Harbour developers hope that should any of them get to be Mayor, then the sky is the limit to use a pun for this High Rise project that will destroy one of the great scenic treasures of Richmond.

So while I am the only candidate willing to do the right thing and state my public, principled opposition to Echo Harbour, and thereby protect the Riverfront for future generations, I believe the public is on my side.

It is time to say No, once and for all, to Echo Harbour."
---------------30---------

No comments: